2015 - 16 COLLEGE BIKE LOAN SCHEME OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS
LOW COST BIKES FOR STUDENTS
This year we are running a special programme offering low cost mountain bikes to students living in Somerset (and attending a full-time further education course) who would be able to get to college or 6th form by bike more easily than by bus or walking.
The way it works is:
1) We provide you with a new bike (+ lights and a lock).
2) You pay us an admin fee of £60 to use the bike for a year (+ a deposit of £99 )
3) At the end of the year, you either return the bike to us (and we give you your £99 deposit back, dependent on the condition of the bike), or you keep the bike and we keep your £99. The bike then becomes your property.
4) We keep the £60 as a fee for the year, to cover the costs of servicing and delivery.
5) Your bicycle will be serviced for you, free of charge, around New Year (date to be agreed).
It’s a great deal for you, because you will get a new bike, lights and lock worth £345.00 for a much lower price than you would get it in a shop (less than half the price). We aim to deliver it to you at your school or college and set it up to suit you, making it very easy for you.
Am I eligible?
You need to be:
- living in Somerset
- attending a full-time further education course in Somerset 2015 - 16
In the event of over subscription bikes will be allocated based upon need e.g. distance from college or lack of transport options
You might also be able to join the scheme if you live over the border but attend college/6th form in Somerset.
What bike will I get?
The bike available is a brand new 2015 model Saracen Tufftrax mountain bike, retailing at £300 (or similar, depending on availabilty). It comes in a variety of sizes in men's and women's frames. We'll sort out the correct size with you once you apply.
There may be a limited number of second-hand bikes also available at an even lower cost. Just indicate on the application form if you are interested in finding out more about this option.
How do I take part?
1) Download and fill out and return the application form on this page. Please apply by Saturday 22nd August 2015.
2) You will need to get parental consent if you are under 18.
3) We will let you know if we are able to provide you with a bike by sending you an e-mail following the application deadline.
4) You will need to pay your deposit of £99 and the £60 fee to us within one week of receiving the approval e-mail from us.
5) We will deliver your bike to you at your college/6th form on a date to be agreed. We will set up the bike for you and take you on a familiarisation ride at the same time.
6) You will need to attend the servicing session in January/February 2016 (date to be confirmed).
7) You will need to return the bike, or decide if you want to keep it (in which case we would keep your deposit) by 1st July 2016.
How do I find out more information?
There are some attachments on the left of this page with more information about the scheme. Or you can email at: email@example.com